Wow, nothing like a pandemic to really make you question everything, right? My whole world, like yours, has been turned every which way and upside-down. I hope that you feel safe and well and have been able to find some time for meditation and self care.
I can not wait to start working with you again and am working hard to make sure I can do just that while considering everyone’s health and well-being!
As our state is starting to re-open, we have been given guidelines to use moving forward – to ensure your safety and mine – for our photo sessions.
Below are my updated policies and procedures for photography sessions complying with the Phase 2 safety and health requirements from the State of WA:
- Appointments are required for all families so I will have sufficient time to sanitize photographic equipment after each client session. I will be spacing out my sessions, and plan to have a maximum of four per day to allow time for sanitation in between.
- I will continue invoicing through electronic payments to reduce the risk of contact.
- I will primarily be booking outdoor sessions as much as possible.
- If the session is held offsite, only one client (and family member, if client is a minor) should be staged in the immediate area. Groups are not allowed. An exception can be made for groups consisting of immediate family only, thank goodness!
- I will maintain social distancing, using no-touch posing methods. Boo. Sadly this means I can’t greet you with a big hug, but we can air hug instead from afar! Even though we will be further apart, I will use my hefty zoom lens to be sure and capture those sweet connected moments you see in my work. 🙂 No-touch posing will be a fun change, too. You know I like to get in close and love on you and your kids, but instead you will find me demonstrating and “acting out” what I’d like you to do, which way to stand, where to put your hands. I’m sure I’ll look ridiculous so it’ll be a nice ice-breaker for the whole family!
- Prior to each session, I will screen for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 and communicate any changes with you.
- If anyone in your party is sick, we will reschedule without a rescheduling fee (if you notify me at least 6-hours prior).
- I will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves and a face mask during our session, have sanitizer (probably hanging from my belt buckle – I’m pretty slick like that), and use no-touch posing methods (see above).
- I will wash my hands regularly before and after photographic sessions. (I can show you how dry and chapped they are!)
- I will frequently sanitize all equipment as well as props, chairs, benches with which a client may come into contact.
- I will remove all unnecessary equipment brought to our session to minimize the possiblity of contamination.
I will start taking new photo sessions June 1st, unless Governor Inslee changes the Phase 2 reopening – woo hoo!!
I really cannot express enough how excited I am to start photographing you and your beautiful newborns and families again! If you have any questions at all about when and where to schedule a session, my new policies, how the session will work with social distancing, and more – please reach out at any time!