I’m a mom of two sweet kids who are growing up so fast I have to remind myself to breathe and enjoy the ride. I’m often accused of being silly and completely misquoting song lyrics. I grew up in a small town but I’ve been to all 50 states. I used to spend countless hours processing and printing b/w film in my darkroom. You can read more about why I switched back to film photography here. I’m addicted to Instagram and share a lot of my personal projects here. I’m adventurous, and a major part of our family bonding time is exploring together. We try new things and test our limits. Feel free to read about my month-long personal project from our summer of 2015 called Camp Hildehayven (I even share a few videos on my August 27th post), and my year-long One Kid, One Roll, Once a Month project. I’m also deep into a new project this year, a film 365! Wish me luck. I write a lot about our adventures in addition to my main passion – creating beautiful and genuine child and family photography that celebrates YOU.
Features & Awards:
- 2014 VOICE Digital Print Competition: Two finalist images out of 8,000 entries. Newness finalist and Outtake finalist.
- 3rd place in Design Aglow’s Baby Contest, 2014.
- Let The Kids Dress Themselves family photo session on film, March 2015.
- Little Bellows, Portra 800 Four Ways, March 2015.
- 2015 VOICE Collection : 208 finalists chosen out of 18,000 entries. Street Finalist Gallery, August 2015.
- Mozi Magazine Featured Photographer, “Why I Switched from Digital to Film”, August 2015.
- Lemonade & Lenses November Film Publication – featured photographer,“Using Film for Family Photo Sessions”, November 2015.
- Clickin’ Moms Blog, “Near or Far, 8 Ways to Photograph your Family Adventures”, January 2016.
- Little Bellows, “Getting into the Zone with Kim Hildebrand”, January 2016.
- Click Magazine, “Light Trick: Consistently Stylish” feature, March/April Edition 2016.
- 1st Place in Rangefinder Magazine’s Best Friends Contest, featured in March Issue 2016.
- Merit of Recognition, NAPCP January 2016 International Image Competition, Newborn Category.
- Let the Kids, “A Month on the Lake with film photographer Kim Hildebrand”, June 2016.
- Wildling Magazine,“Wild Abandon” photography essay, Volume 5, June 2016.
- Clickin’ It Old School, “Toy Camera Tuesday” feature, August 2016.
- Click Magazine, “18 Instagram Users you should be following but aren’t”, August 2016.
- 2nd Place in Lemonade & Lenses’ Summer 2016 International Image Contest, Newborn Category.
- Named One of the Top Photographers to Watch in 2017 by Clickin Moms, February 2017.
- Featured in Mozi Magazine film issue, February 2017.
- Click Blog, “6 Things I’ve Learned After Closing the Studio”, February 2017.
- Featured in Click Magazine March/April issue, 2017.
- Upcoming Instructor teaching “Great Light Anywhere: Achieving A Natural Look in Lifestyle Photography with Artificial Light” at Click Away, Amelia Island, FL, February 2018.